Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Design is Finalized

After endless hours of research the design is completed …
I have tried to implement the best of all worlds.

  1. Comfort
  2. Seaworthiness
  3. Practical
  4. Ease of Construction
  5. Let’s not forget Affordable 


On my design, I don’t show the cabin because I haven’t decided exactly on how I will end up constructing it. I know for sure that the cabin will have a length of no less than 210cm.

Diagram of the hulls frames
Various other considerations have to be taken into account like cockpit floor height, Seating, rigging setup, buoyancy & Drainage.

I am thinking of something like this. As far as the keel is concerned I will work it out during the construction.


I am confident that all these issues will sort them self’s out once construction progresses.

The next step is to make a scale model and see how things come together.

Just a last side note with regards to the design. I have reworked some of the features and found that this design would be a very nice “Fishing Boat” powered by a 10 to 25 HP outboard engine. How knows maybe it will be my next project seeing as I will have the all the main molds already made for the Morning Star.



You be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment